Tuesday, September 6, 2016

DENVER SENIOR PHOTOGRAPHER: NICKI VERHEYEN | BROOMFIELD HIGH SCHOOL | CLASS OF 2017


The first day back to normal life after a 3-day weekend is hard, isn't it!?  I've kept myself busy, but I've definitely needed to keep the coffee flowing.  So I hate to jump right in and get deep on you, but you guys know I keep it real here on the blog and just write about what's on my heart.  Today we got some pretty crummy (although in the grand scheme of things, not awful) news about our dog, Kelsee.  For those of you who have been around me even for 5 minutes, you know that our dogs are my babies.  We don't have kids, so our girls get all of my nurturing and mothering.  I've been tempted many times today to let my brain spiral, thinking of all the worst possible scenarios that could come from this news for our girl.  But the one word that is used most in this house is PERSPECTIVE, so I've been praying a lot and asking God to give me the right perspective on the situation and to see the best in it.  It's so easy to be self-centered and negative, isn't it?  We can dwell on all the things we don't have, how bad a situation is, or focus on the what-if's.  But that's not productive and it's definitely not life-giving.  Perspective.  My dear friends, we have a good life.  We can make the choice every single day to keep our life and all of its turmoils in perspective and, in turn, affect not only ourselves, but the people and world around us.  That's always my goal.  I'm not always successful, but it's my goal.  And today, I have to give myself a little pat on the back and say that I'm proud of how I've handled this news.  Everything is going to be just fine.  It always is.  :)

And now moving on to the reason you clicked on this blog post in the first place!  Today I am featuring my sweet friend, Nicki Verheyen, a Class of 2017 senior at Broomfield High School.  Nicki is a gymnast and -- obviously -- a complete stunner.  I genuinely had an incredible time shooting Nicki's senior photos, which I think you can tell by the fun images, but also the sheer volume that I took!!  Apparently I couldn't stop.  LOL.  Nicki, you are precious and it was such a huge honor for me to work with you and photograph your senior pictures.  

Enjoy!






























































































































Model: Nicki Verheyen, Broomfield High School
Photographer: Stacey Kyler www.staceykyler.com
HMUA:  Allison Beach  www.alli-b.com
Photo Assistant: Sophia Beierle

Comments!!  To leave a comment, click on the pencil below.  If you would like to leave a comment, but do not have a google account, select Anonymous, leave your comment, and then PLEASE be sure to sign your name so our team knows who left the kind words!  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting the Stacey Kyler blog! I love to hear your comments!