Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Denver Senior Photographer: Becca Abrahamson, Clear Creek High School, Class of 2016


The featured senior to start off this week is the one and only, Becca Abrahamson! Becca is part of the class of 2016 at Clear Creek High School, and is INCREDIBLY active in that community. Not only is she intelligent beyond her years, she also plays not one, not two, but three sports at her school!! Somehow she tackles all of that chaos and still manages to look this cute :) Becca, we are so proud of you and all the wonderful things you do! My team and I hope you have a senior year as amazing as you are :)


Describe yourself in a tweet! (140 characters or less): There are three main things you should know about me. 1) I am a dedicated athlete. 2) I have always loved learning. 3) I have always struggles with putting myself into words. The first two things I listed are what always come first to mind when faced with a question like this, and the third is what I'm thinking as I write them down. I left this question for last so I could ponder how exactly I was going to answer, and this is what I came up with. I sincerely hope that my senior year brings some enlightenment as to who I am and who I want to be!


What is your definition of beauty?: I define beauty as the acceptance of the parts of yourself that have made you the person you've been since birth. Everyone changes, and that's how it should be, but there are always things about you that stay the same no matter what. Whether those things are good or bad, they are essential to your character and make you a beautiful, dynamic human being. Accepting both your vices and your virtues, and loving yourself, allows you to reach your full capacity as a wonderful, beautiful person.


What song would give us the greatest insight into you?: The most insightful song in my life would probably be "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers. Not because of the subject or lyrics of the song necessarily, but because of the circumstances under which it was written. Bill Withers wrote it very late in his life after never having been a musician in any form. He was just inspired, and he wrote from the heart. In the end, he created a beautiful, classic song that resonates within everybody, a song that will continue to be relatable for decades to come. It proves that you can do anything you set your mind to, at any time in your life. It's never too late to follow your dreams! I hope to follow his lead, and always follow my heart. 


What's your best joke/pun?: 
Question: What do you get when you combine a joke and a rhetorical question?
Answer: .........

What's the greatest board game ever invented?: Clue


As a child, what was the first thing you remember wanting to be when you grew up?: The first thing I ever wanted to be when I was young was a nurse, like my grandmother. I grew up listening to her stories about her career, and even as a little girl I could tell she absolutely loved every moment of it. Some of her longest, closest relationships began in nursing school. Her job was one that seemed both challenging and incredibly rewarding, and unpredictable enough that it never grew boring or tiresome. In the end, she's really one of the strongest people I know, and I would be grateful if I could live half the life that she 
has lived. 

What were your first words? Do they say anything about the person you are today?: 
My first word was "doggy," which I think speaks volumes to who I am today. I can't think of a single moment when my home wasn't filled to the brim with animals of all kinds. Dogs, cats, chickens, guinea pigs, ducks, fish... You name it and I've probably had it. I am definitely an animal lover. When I was little my mother had to physically hold me back from strange dogs; otherwise I would have been all over them in a second. Though I consider myself more of a cat person today, all animals definitely hold a dear place in my heart, and always will. 


Who is your favorite Disney princess?: My favorite Disney princess had always been Belle. I think I identify with her because of her bookish charm and her love of learning. Not only that, but I think, internally at least, she's one of the most beautiful princesses there are. She is kind-spirited and accepting, and she is able to look past appearances and see the real beauty within everyone. I think she is an amazing role model for all young girls!


If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be? With who? Doing what?: If I could be anywhere... I would be in Peoria, Illinois. Not very exotic, I know, but it's one of my favorite places in the world. I practically spent half my childhood there with my family, both immediate and extended. I have really good memories of catching fireflies at night and eating Emo's ice cream by the Mississippi River during the day. The summers are beautifully green, and the winters are snowy enough to satisfy this Colorado girl's heart. I even love the thick, humid air that fills your lungs with every breath. It really is my 
favorite place!

Finish this sentence: I may be stuck on a desert island, but at least I have my... 
...sister


If you went to Hogwarts, what house would you be put in? Why?: At Hogwarts, I would (hopefully) be placed in Ravenclaw. I believe wit and intelligence are invaluable, and in Ravenclaw I would be surrounded by people who think the same way. I've always been a bookworm; there was rarely a time in my childhood that I didn't have my nose in a book, and oftentimes it was a new book every day. So Ravenclaw really seems the most appealing 
to me!


Share one last thing with us... One of the most important things in my life (besides my books of course) is my athletic involvement. Ever since 6th grade I have been a three sport athlete. Volleyball, basketball, and soccer have taken up huge chunks of my life, and they have all taught me valuable lessons about not only being healthy and active, but about being a leader in other parts of my life as well. Teamwork, dedication, and power are all part of my personality now because of my athletics. It's a huge part of who I am, and I hope it always will be. 


Model: Becca Abrahamson
Photographer:  Stacey Kyler  www.staceykyler.com
MUA:  Tasha Green www.tashagreenartistry.com
Hair:  Jennifer Dean
Photo Assistant: Anya Dushinski

Comments!!  To leave a comment, click on the pencil below.  If you would like to leave a comment, but do not have a google account, select Anonymous, leave your comment, and then PLEASE be sure to sign your name so our team knows who left the kind words!  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting the Stacey Kyler blog! I love to hear your comments!