Friday, August 21, 2015

Denver Senior Photographer: Emily Jones, Lakewood High School, Class of 2016


With another crazy week under our belts, thank goodness it's Friday!! Our featured senior to kick off the weekend is the lovely Emily Jones from the class of 2016 at Lakewood High School. This classic beauty was INCREDIBLE to get to work with, and is truly inspiring in so many ways. Emily is so intelligent and kind, and plans to put those skills to good use in her future. The world needs more people like Emily!! We had such a great time getting to photograph this stunning young woman, and we are so amazed by her drive and ambition :) Good luck Emily!! 


Describe yourself in a tweet! (140 characters or less): I'm dedicated, optimistic, and passionate. I love helping others -- even indirectly -- and my heart beats for research, writing, technology, education, and God.


What is your definition of beauty?: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, entirely. There have been so many rumors that you see yourself as five times more beautiful than others do, or perhaps 20% more so, and Body Dysmorphic Disorder is on the rise. Regardless of the actual statistics, it's clear that we see ourselves differently than others do. Society isn't helping when they set standards that we don't live up to -- or that may not even agree with. When makeup tutorials proclaim their eyeliner technique produces the holy grail of cat eyes and that any other way is wrong, it sets women up for disappointment (I don't even like cat eyes!). It doesn't stop at hair, makeup, and waistlines. People prefer different landscapes, instagram filters, interior design, personalities (this is a stretch into the abstract form of beauty, but it totally counts), etc. The point is, everyone who looks at something will have a different opinion. But especially when you're the object of interest, the only opinion that matters is yours. 


What song would give us the greatest insight into you?: Hmmmm... This is a REALLY hard question. I have no idea what song would give an insight into my life. I went through most of my phone and I really don't know! So, I guess I'll just give you my favorite songs (I'm too indecisive to even narrow it down to one). 
BOY - Skin (Acoustic)
Jonathan McReynolds - Pressure
MisterWives - Our Own House


What's your best joke/pun?: What do you call a fish without any eyes? A Fsh.

What's the greatest board game ever invented?: Life

If you went to Hogwarts, what house would you be put in? Why?: Ahhhheeesshh... I've never seen Harry Potter... I've tried but I fall asleep every time... Sorry. 


As a child, what was the first thing you remember wanting to be when you grew up?: A mom :)

What were your first words? Do they say anything about the person you are today?: My first words were "stop it," though they sounded a little more like "bopit." I'm sure a lot of people with older siblings have similar stories, but the words just go to show the teasing nature of my two older brothers, Jake and Ransom. From hiding my toys to punching my arm to loudly debating politics, my brothers and I have always drawn an eye or two in public. 


Who is your favorite Disney princess? Why?: I absolutely adore Belle! I always have and always will! The Beauty and the Beast seems to be the cutest love story on Earth and I used to watch it endlessly. Despite the townspeople's ridicule, I like how Belle keeps her nose stuck in a book and sticks up for her dad. Plus, she eventually overlooks the Beast's looks and temper. 


If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be? With who? Doing what?: I would be somewhere in the UP of Michigan with my family! We'd be hanging out on the great lakes, hiking, touristing (?) around, and taking pictures of everything (the UP is the prettiest place in the U.S., Im sure of it!).

Finish this sentence: I may be stuck on a desert island, but at least I have my... 
... dogs (two adorable golden retrievers)


Share one last thing with us... Oh my gosh there's a million things I could put here... I guess I'll tell you that I'm planning to become a biomedical engineer after high school (well... it'll be a while after high school). It's the perfect cross between engineering and medical field. And it will allow me to help patients without all the germs! I completely fell in love with biomedical engineering in my sophomore year when I began having chronic migraines. After I spent what felt like forever in MRI machines and had a bout a million blood draws, magnets and needles started calling my attention, and now I want to spend my life making them better. 


Model: Emily Jones
Photographer:  Stacey Kyler  www.staceykyler.com
MUA:  Tasha Green www.tashagreenartistry.com
Hair:  Jennifer Dean
Photo Assistant: Anya Dushinski

Comments!!  To leave a comment, click on the pencil below.  If you would like to leave a comment, but do not have a google account, select Anonymous, leave your comment, and then PLEASE be sure to sign your name so our team knows who left the kind words!  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting the Stacey Kyler blog! I love to hear your comments!